Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Phon (Fun) Hike

Summer has been so full of adventures! Since school got out I've been to breakfast with friends, had my first Seminary Council meeting, danced like crazy at the stomp on Main, deep cleaned my room, worked out so hard I hurt everywhere, watched hilarious family videos, was inducted into the city youth council, watched Indiana Jones for the first time, made Zeppoli (which turned out to be disgusting. No surprise, since I was the one making it) and went on a hike to Adam's Canyon.
I went on the hike yesterday with Melissa, Andy, Matt, and Adam. The hike was wonderful with many trees, plants, and water. At the end there was a beautiful waterfall and a perfect place to eat lunch. However, the hike back down was quite different. We were all of a sudden in a forest in China. Matt, aka Hung Pho, was our tour guide on the "Phon" hike and had us laughing the whole time. We saw the Dragon Rock, Buddha Belly trees, Pigmy dragons (a lot like lizards), Big Nana and Big Papa trees, and many plants. Some plants we actually ate, some were cures for cancer (if only), and others were there just to look pretty. At the end of the tour we stood on big boulders and were given fortunes and the gift to have China in our hearts at all times. I felt very cultured afterwards.

{Pretty}

{Matt, Andy, Me, Melissa, Adam}

{Some 'Chinese' plant}

{Big Nana, the biggest tree on the trail. Big Papa, the other huge tree, smelled yummy.}

{Nearing the end of our tour}

1 comment:

Julie said...

Teen.Agers. oh my... Hey I just realized why you are called that--agers---you do that to your parents. :) Just kidding--you haven't aged me a bit...not a bit.... lumtp!! Mom